Do you have something to say or a topic of interest that you think relates to Embodiment and Healing?
Would you like to contribute to this blog? I appreciate the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded folks who have something interesting to say. Pitch a topic to me and we’ll see if we can settle on something that makes a relevant contribution to this site.
If you have a blog, book, or if you have simply had a poignant experience with health, illness, and/or healing, then you probably have something important to share that other people would like to know about.
I am especially interested in the following areas:
- Anything to do with embodiment from the many fields relevant to this approach, including anthropology,neurobiology, embodied cognition, biophysics, epigenetics, and many others.
- Medical history from a socio-cultural perspective, especially changing notions of the self and the body.
- Cultural critiques of biomedicine, Pharma, and Complementary & Alternative Medical practices.
- The metaphysics of biomedicine and genomics.
- Debates around placebo.
- Therapeutic approaches that incorporate sensorial, affective, and body work.
- Critiques of mind-body dualism and the psychology-biology divide.
- Medicalization (creation of diseases and disorders).
- Reviews of relevant ethnographic research.
- Illness idioms as cultural models
- Reviews of useful & relevant books (even your own)… and the list could go on for pages.
If you don’t see your topic here, contact me, and we can probably find some common ground. My main requirements of your guest blog are that it be written in a style accessible to general readers and that it offers them something of value; that it helps them make better sense of health, illness, and healing in some way.
I am also happy to collaborate with non-specialist readers and writers that want to share their experiences of illness and healing in ways meaningful and helpful to other readers. If you or someone close to you has had an experience with health, illness, and/or healing you want to share, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I am happy to help you put a topic together.
Guest Post Requirements
Most posts will be 600-800 words long, but longer posts are acceptable when the topic warrants the space. I will also need a brief bio (a few sentences), and a photo. I will collaborate with you as you prepare your post to help ensure that it meets both our needs.
Planning a Blog Tour for your new book or blog?
I’d be happy to be a part of your tour!
If you’d like to collaborate with the Embodiment and Healing Blog, please contact me using the form below, or just scroll on down and leave a comment:
by Angela Martin with no comments yet.